Buying property with affordable prices and investment chances in Turkey is a profitable option for buyers from all around the world. On this blog, we made a list of how to acquire citizenship for foreign investors.
To obtain Turkish citizenship, you must follow these steps;
- Buying a property for at least 250.000 USD without selling it for 3 years by the confirmation of the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization.
- Buying venture capital investment shares or real estate investment funds (REIF) for at least 500.000 USD by the confirmation of the Capital Markets Board on condition that you can not sell it for 3 years.
- Creating employment for at least 50 people by the confirmation of the Ministry of Family, Labor, and Social Services.
- Depositing at least 500.000 USD in banks in Turkey and holding for 3 years by the confirmation of the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency.
- Buying government equities of at least 500.000 USD and holding for 3 years by the confirmation of the Ministry of Treasury and Finance.
- Carrying out a fixed capital investment of at least 500.000 USD by the confirmation of the Ministry of Industry and Technology.
To Become A Turkish Citizen by Property Investment
Acquiring Turkish citizenship for foreigners is an easy and quick process. Here you can find the information about the required steps.
Making a plan
If you are buying real estate in Turkey to get Turkish citizenship, buying the right properties in the right location is an important point as it is an important investment that should focus mainly on a good return. Making a property buying plan with an experienced real estate company and expert lawyers will make the process easier.
Once you find the right properties to purchase and make a property purchasing agreement, it is time to start the official transactions such as getting a tax ID number and title deed conveyance application.
Getting a certificate of suitability
To complete the buying process you should get a certificate of suitability from the Land Registry and Cadastre Directorates.
Applying for citizenship
In Citizenship Application Office you can complete your citizenship application as a final step. This office in Turkey has been founded to streamline the Turkish citizenship application process. Thanks to citizenship application offices, investors don’t have to visit all other related offices separately; instead, all transactions can be done at one point.