The best area to stay in Istanbul will differ according to your expectations, needs, wishes, and lifestyle. As a metropolitan city that is located at the crossroads of Europe and Asia, İstanbul offers its inhabitants various types of lifestyles. There is a suitable place for every lifestyle; whether you want to lead a quiet and peaceful life or a lively one. Keep reading to find out yours!
Best Places to Stay in Istanbul
The very first question that comes to the minds of people who look for the best place to stay in Istanbul is usually “Which district in Istanbul is the best and why?”. However, it would be impossible to pick just one neighborhood or district since there are many beautiful places to live in İstanbul as we have briefly explained in the above paragraph.
So we’re going to list several places that are considered to be the best place to live in İstanbul from different aspects.
Best Places to Live in Istanbul for Families
Security, accessibility, and availability of amenities usually are the top aspects of a neighborhood or a district when families look for the best place to live in İstanbul. Here are some of the places that meet these conditions best;
• Büyükçekmece: Several indicators show that Büyükçekmece is one of the safest districts among Istanbul European side districts. It’s a harmoniously developed district with a 25 km long clean coastline. Since Büyükçekmece is a relatively newer district, its infrastructure is up-to-date and advanced.
The district offers its residents a comfortable life with its somewhat tranquil atmosphere, safeness, and wide range of amenities like schools, hospitals, malls, and more. Especially, with the construction of many large residential projects, Büyükçekmece has become one of the most preferred areas to live for families.
Families usually prefer apartments in large complexes. Apartments for sale in Buyukcekmece present the perfect environment for families to live in with their spacious interiors and rich complex features.
• Başakşehir: Başakşehir is also one of the most peaceful places on İstanbul’s European side. The district has a relatively tranquil atmosphere owing to the forest that is surrounding it from the north and Sazlıdere Dam.
The luxurious residential complexes that have been built in recent years have made Başakşehir one of the most preferred places to live among families. Başaksehir apartments for sale offer a cozy lifestyle to families with a wide range of amenities.
• Ataşehir: The district lying on Istanbul’s Anatolian side is one of the poshest and most central districts in Istanbul. Ataşehir draws attention with its active everyday life and luxurious skyscrapers. Properties for sale in Atasehir Istanbul that are residing in these high-rise buildings are widely chosen by families for their luxurious features such as indoor pools, gyms, 24/7 security services, etc.
In Ataşehir, all types of daily and social amenities like shopping options from supermarkets to large malls, medical centers and hospitals, educational facilities from primary schools to universities, and cultural activity areas and facilities are only a few steps away from these luxurious residential projects.
• Kadıköy: The district is one of the oldest settlement areas in Istanbul’s Anatolian side and is one of the financial districts of Istanbul. Kadıköy presents an active and comfortable life with many amenities like malls, stores, cafes, restaurants, pubs, schools, banks, hospitals, and many more.
Benefiting from all these amenities, apartments in Kadıköy for sale become one of the most preferred options to live in for both families and expats. In the Kadikoy district of Istanbul, families find everything they need for their children’s education. On the other hand, expats find the rumored colorful social life of İstanbul in Kadıköy.
Best Places to Live in Istanbul for Expats
The best place to live in İstanbul for expats will change according to their reason for settling in İstanbul. İstanbul is a city that attracts millions of visitors of all ages, professions, and countries. The expectations and needs of people settling in İstanbul from a living area may differ depending on these factors.
So, we’re going to list several places that are considered the best places to live in Istanbul for expats from different points of view.
• Beykoz: Beykoz is one of the best places to live in Istanbul for expats who look for a holiday-like everyday life. The district that is lying on the northern parts of Istanbul’s Anatolian side, on the shores of the Black Sea, is one of the most beautiful districts of İstanbul in terms of natural beauty. Statistics show that Beykoz has the biggest number of green areas among Istanbul Anatolian side districts.
The center of the district offers all types of amenities that you would need and expect from a metropolitan city. On the other hand, the outer parts of the district present the posh lifestyle you were dreaming of with its vast green areas, beautiful creeks, crystal clear sea, and traditional houses. The luxurious villas in Beykoz allow you to enjoy all this in one place!
• Sarıyer: Sariyer district of Istanbul is another best place to live for a holiday-like everyday life. The district that is lying on the northern parts of Istanbul’s European side also has vast green areas and many must-see places like Rumeli Fortress, Belgrade Forest, historic mansions, and museums.
In the Sariyer district of Istanbul, you can find everything you need; from beautiful landscapes to social and cultural activities, and fine dining options. The luxurious houses and apartments for sale in Sarıyer with Bosphorus views are sure to provide a posh and cozy lifestyle.
• Beşiktaş: Beşiktaş is the best district to stay in Istanbul for expats who want to explore the historical places and experience the lively and colorful life of İstanbul. The district that is lying on Istanbul’s European side, has an 8,3 km long coastline on the shores of the Bosphorus. There are many historical seafront mansions, palaces, and museums that must be visited in Beşiktaş.
There are countless chic cafes, fancy restaurants, theatres, cinemas, stores, and boutiques in Beşiktaş as well. People who want to enjoy the metropolitan city İstanbul thoroughly prefer to buy apartments in Besiktas. Apartments in Beşiktaş not only promise a comfortable life but also a profitable investment opportunity through short-term rentals owing to the amenities in the district.
• Prince’s Islands (Adalar): Prince’s Islands, also known as Adalar, is one of the most unique places to stay in Istanbul. Prince’s Islands are an archipelago that is located in the southeast of İstanbul in the Marmara Sea. The archipelago not only offers astonishing landscapes and stunning sea views but also a sophisticated atmosphere with many historical structures and traditional houses.
The luxurious apartments in Prince’s Islands present an opportunity to lead a comfortable and posh life or have an unforgettable holiday.
• Çatalca: If you ask “Which district is decent and affordable to live in Istanbul?”, the answer would be “Çatalca”. It’s the first place to turn to if you’re looking for cheap houses for sale in Istanbul Turkey. The district lies on the shores of the Black Sea; on the westernmost point of Istanbul. While it’s the largest district of İstanbul by area, it’s the 3rd smallest district of İstanbul in terms of population.
Çatalca offers its residents a comfortable and peaceful life with its tranquil and kind of rural atmosphere with affordable and budget-friendly real estate options. That is why seaside houses in Catalca Istanbul are widely preferred as holiday homes by locals and expats.
Hopefully, this brief article has been useful to find the best area to stay in Istanbul for yourself. Feel free to contact us for further questions on the real estate options in Istanbul.